Caltech Head and Lead TAs
Are you a Head or Lead TA, i.e., someone organizing the efforts of multiple TAs in a medium to large course on campus? Whether you are doing so informally or formally, we are here to help!
Here is a brief toolkit of Head TA ideas for large course organization and communication to help you get started.
We are happy to meet with individuals or small groups of Head TAs to help you plan your approach on any of the following topics, or other questions. Please contact CTLO director, Cassandra Horii, to arrange a time.
- Best practices—being proactive, efficient, & effective
- Organizing elements of the course
- Leading groups of TAs
- Managing TA meetings
- Effective grading in large courses
- Professional Development: How to manage up and down
- Eliciting, interpreting, and utilizing mid-quarter survey feedback from students
- Additional resources, including an annotated academic calendar with specifics for Head TAs